Since, for many years, Americans have, seemingly, held politicians, in relatively, low esteem, it sees, they've unfortunately become acclaimed to, the somewhat, shoddy treatment, they often, receive! How can we improve the level of service, and representation, we receive, without, more voters stop being apathetic, and take advantageous of their right to vote, rather than merely, taking it for granted? Now, seemingly, more than ever, in recent memory, the electorate must wake-up, and clearly proclaim, Enough, is ENOUGH! With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly, review, consider, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, some of what this means and presents, and why it matters!
1. Empathy; emphasis: Who is that public official, serving? Does he take the time, to effectively, listen, and learn, from every conversation, and experience, in order to become capable of proceeding, with the utmost degree of genuine empathy? Consider his emphasis, and focus, and whether he emphasizes, the common good, or, his own, personal / political agenda, and / or, self-interest!
2. Needs; nerve: Does that individual possess the nerve, to take a clear – cut stand, which focuses on the needs, goals, priorities, and perceptions, of those, they were elected, to serve, and represent?
3. Options; overcome obstacles; open – mind: Will your public official, proceed with an open – mind, considering all viable options and alternatives, and focus on overcoming obstacles, in order to best serve, his constituents' best interests?
4. Useful; usable; unique: What unique qualifications, and / or characteristics, does someone possess, which will enhance their ability, to provide, useful and usable service and representation?
5. Greater; goodness: We are currently represented by a man, Donald Trump, as President (the highest office in our land), who ran, on a campaign slogan, Make America Great Again. However, the tone of that slogan, infers, either we are not great, now, or we want to go back, in time, to what some, consider, better times! Life evolves, and so must governments, and until / without, office – holders, prioritize goodness, the public, will never have their needs, prioritized!
6. Healing; head / heart: We need public officials, who emphasize healing wounds, and dividends, for the common good! Perhaps, because this requires, both, the use of our emotional and logical components, in a head / heart balance, we will never be able to consider ourselves, really great, even / until, we tell those, we elect, enough, is ENOUGH!
Wake up, America, and demand, we become the voice of freedom, our Constitution, suggests! Will you state, Enough, is ENOUGH?